This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Helping Military Families & Saying Thank You
I’m a military brat, and now a military spouse! I know the hardships of having your significant other deployed any time of the year, but especially during the holidays. I try hard to make things around the house consistent and structured. It seems to help everyone, especially the younger children. In the past when my husband was deployed we stayed in touch through email, Skype or social media as often as possible to communicate and participate in some of the holiday activities in real time.
Helping Military Families
It is so important to thank our service members throughout the year but especially during the holiday season. During this holiday season, be sure and thank them for everything they do and if that doesn’t seem to be enough, check out these 3 ways that you can Help Military Families:
- Offer your time: When a military family is separated because of deployment, the remaining spouse can feel overwhelmed! I know how hard it can be firsthand. Offering your services to help out with daily tasks, babysitting, yard work, grocery shopping, and more is so appreciated.
- Send a care package: I know how much care packages are appreciated! If you don’t know a military family personally, there are authorized organizations that accept care packages on behalf of deployment military members. A few include Adopt a Soldier, Pillows for Soldiers, Operation Gratitude, and American Archangels.
- Support Military Organizations: There are so many military organizations out there that you can help support. Here are a few of my favorite ones:
- Fisher House – Best known as a network of comfort homes where military and veteran’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving medical treatment at military hospitals.
- AnySoldier.com – Provides military member contacts who are overseas and list their needs and wants. You read through the names and stories they write and select ones you’d like to support.
- USO – For nearly 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities.
- Sew Much Comfort – Ships free adaptive clothing to military hospitals and veterans recovering at home. The adaptive clothing provides warm, comfortable adaptive clothing that fits properly over wounds, casts, fixator, prosthetics, etc. and allows the service member to wear normal looking clothing which enhances their recovery and provides comfort and dignity.
MetLife Wants to Say Thank You & Help too!
The MetLife TRICARE Dental Program also wishes you the best during the holidays! They think that one of the greatest joys of this season is the opportunity to say Thank You to all their military friends and family,especially for supporting the TRICARE Dental Program.
Military members and their families are thankful for the healthcare they receive as a benefit, but not everyone is signed up or even aware of the great benefits the TRICARE Dental Program offers. Besides the normal two cleanings and exams per month, pregnant women are eligible for an extra third cleaning due to the elevated hormones during pregnancy which can increase the risk of gum disease, affecting the mother and baby’s health. The program also offers a Survivor Benefit. The family members of a deceased service member are eligible for coverage and the premiums are completely covered. It’s the extra benefits that make this even more special and shows how much Metlife is thankful for the military.
The TDP offers a provider network of 250,000+ dental locations around the world. MetLife network dentists are able to offer enrolled National Guard and Reserve members the Department of Defense Active Duty/Reserve Forces Dental Exam for DD Form 2813 at not cost.
Enrollment is super easy. Visit www.tricare.mil/bwe to enroll or www.metlife.com/tricare for additional information, or call 1-855-638-8371 Sunday 6:00 p.m. – Friday 10:00 p.m. (EST) except holiday’s.