Marriott Rewards Premier Visa 80,000-Point Sign-Up Bonus
If you like staying in premium hotels for FREE, you should definately consider applying for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase.
Last December, my husband and I took the kids to Istanbul, Turkey for a week. We used our Marriott Rewards Points earned using our Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. We had a great time turing the city and had enough points to get two hotel rooms for the week. (We needed two rooms to accomodate us and our three children)
We will basically use our Marriott Rewards Credit Card to pay for items everywhere we go and then pay it off monthly to avoid any charges.
Marriott hotels have a reputation for offering elegant, modern rooms with all the amenities you want at a fair price. If you’re a fan of the chain, its co-branded Visa Signature card is worth a look.
PLUS Marriott Rewards Premier Visa 80,000-Point Sign-Up Bonus:
Chase just announced an increased sign-up bonus for the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa of 80,000 bonus Marriott points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months, available through August 31, 2015. The previous offer for this card was at 50,000 points, so this new offer is a great deal if you’re looking to book a Marriott stay in the near future. The $85 annual fee isn’t waived for the first year, but the generous sign-on bonus of 80,000 points, along with the Marriott Premier card’s many perks, make this offer one you should consider.
Here are the full details of the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa:
- Limited Time! Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- For every $1 spent, earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards points towards free nights
- No limit to how many points you can earn
- Pay no foreign transaction fees and enjoy wider acceptance when you travel with your embedded chip card and you make purchases at chip-enabled card readers
- All for an $85 Annual Fee
Wondering what 80,000 Marriott points will get you? Well, it is enough points for over 10 free nights at a category 1 Marriott property! Or, you could redeem your 80,000 Marriott points for 2 free nights at a category 8 hotel, like the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel in Hawaii, which is a part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection. Standard rooms average around $400 a night, so you’re getting approximately $800 in value from your 80,000 points.
Here’s the full Marriott Reward chart:
Is It Worth It?
You will also receive an additional free night certificate, good for up to a category 5 Marriott property, on every anniversary date. This makes paying the $85 annual fee a lot easier! An example of a category 5 Marriott property is the Renaissance in Bangkok, Thailand.
Another benefit of this card is the ability to earn elite status since cardholders will earn 15 credits toward their next elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary, as well as 1 elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases!
It’s always nice to see limited time offers on travel cards, especially when they are higher than they have ever been on a particular card. The Marriott’s 80,000 sign-on bonus, low minimum spending requirement, free night certificate, and Elite status perks make this offer a very tempting one, especially if you like Marriott properties!
Apply Now: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card