This post brought to you by Char-Broil. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Slick Housewives.
It’s that time of year to get the grill out start cooking! Here is a great recipe that looks super fancy but is so simple! Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe. I’ve eaten asparagus many different ways and this is by far my favorite recipe. This dish pairs perfect with a juicy steak or even my Healthy Grilled Salmon Recipe. If you like this Asparagus recipe be sure to check out our Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe that is a bit on the lighter side.
Bacon Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- 1 Stalk of asparagus
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Package of Bacon
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Rinse, pat dry the asparagus and lay them in a single layer in a baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the mixture over the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Wrap each stalk with a strip of bacon like a corkscrew. You can secure the bacon on each end with a toothpick. Just make sure to soak the toothpicks in water for 10 minutes before grilling.
- Grill for about 6-8 minutes on each side.
Can you believe that 65 years ago, Char-Broil brought the first charcoal grill to market? In the years since, the company has introduced a series of innovations that are now standard among modern grills, always striving to make cookouts more enjoyable for the millions of people who barbecue each week. The latest breakthrough is Char-Broil’s new Kettleman 22.5” Charcoal Grill (MSRP $139), an updated and vastly improved kettle-style grill that is more efficient and easier to use.
While the shape may be familiar, the Char-Broil Kettleman Grill is no ordinary charcoal kettle is loaded with features that give backyard enthusiasts better control over every aspect of the cooking process:
Check out some of the great features:
- Temperature Control –With a super sized cool-touch damper on the grill’s lid, heat management is easy. Vents around the body of the kettle allow air to fuel the fire from all sides, providing even heat to the cooking surface.
- Flare-Up Control –A porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. Wood chips can be thrown on the grate and small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire.
- Charcoal Control –Designed to grill twice as many burgers with the same 50 briquettes as the leading kettle.
- Ash Control –A slide-in, porcelain-coated ashtray is tight against the grill making cleanup and maintenance simpler than ever.
- Stability Control –Wide stance, heavy-gauge steel legs add stability and easy mobility. A bottom shelf doubles as a holder for the cooking grate or other accessories.
- A Hinged, Latching Lid –The Kettleman also has a hinged, latching lid that never has to touch the ground during the grilling experience and makes moving the grill a breeze.
The Char-Broil Kettleman Grill can be purchased at Lowe’s or online at www.charbroil.com. It’s priced at just $139. This grill truly makes superior charcoal grilling really easy.